Whether you’re writing for magazines, producing content for a client or publishing your own blog, it’s never been more important to be your own sub-editor. And in this mini masterclass, our expert speaker is Carrie Hutchinson, editor and head of content at Grin Creative. Carrie covers:
- Why editing skills are so important for writers (especially now)
- The need to step away from your own story (and strategies to do this)
- Be a basic b&^%$ (getting spelling and grammar right)
- Check yourself before you wreck yourself (the importance of fact-checking and how to do it)
- The full package (doing a final read and what to look for).
All about Carrie
For the past couple of decades, Carrie Hutchinson has been an editor for a variety of international and local mastheads, including the British edition of Vogue, lifestyle bible Wallpaper* and National Geographic Traveller. She’s also written freelance articles for more outlets than anyone can remember, as well as books and content for a wide variety of clients. Carrie now lives in Melbourne where she’s the head of content for agency Grin Creative and editor of get lost travel magazine. Her mission in life is to swim with as many creatures as possible. So far she’s ticked off sharks, wild dolphins, cuttlefish and manta rays.