Awkward conversations with editors and clients are a part of freelancing – and not something you can avoid. That’s where our 25 Scripts for Freelance Success ebook comes in. It’s packed with word-for-word scripts and conversation starters you can use for a range of common scenarios – from raising fees to negotiating for repeat business, dealing with scope creep or crafting the perfect pitch to an editor.
Some scripts you’ll find in this book include:
- What to say when offered exposure in lieu of pay
- How to cold-call and sell yourself to potential clients
- How to write intro emails to potential clients
- How to ask clients or editors for testimonials
- How to deal with scope creep on a project
- How to say no to doing anything ‘on spec’
- How to fire a bad client in a good way
- How to suggest a retainer to a regular client
- How to respond to a request for a ‘rush job’
- How to respond when someone says you’re too expensive
- How to negotiate scope when the budget’s tight
- How to raise your fees without losing clients.
Confidence-boosting scripts. No more ‘awks’.