Do you often forget to add experts and case studies to your little black freelance book? Find it all too time-consuming to track down experts you interviewed for future stories? This is the solution: an experts file where you can not only enter in experts as you file stories, but add in each person’s speciality so you can easily search for them and find the people you need next time you’re writing on that topic.
Here’s how it works:
- As soon as you finish a story, open your experts file and enter in your expert’s name, title, contact details, specialties and any notes about the story (great for when you have to reconnect with that expert)
- Hit save and forget all about that expert until the next time you’re writing about… say, bog snorkelling
- Open up the experts file and search by specialty (you might want to enter in ‘extreme sports’ or ‘snorkelling’)
- Watch all the bog snorkelling experts you’ve ever talked to pop into the top search area with their details.
- Ring or email the person you want to talk to. The end!
Like a mini CRM but easier (and cheaper), the expert tracker will save you an enormous amount of time.